2.26.2013

Wipe Your Feet

Because you're about to take a little virtual tour of the little place that I like to call home. I'm starting with the living room. It's the place where I spend a lot of my time. Plus it's home to my favorite thing in my apartment...my gallery wall.


As a renter, I don't get to choose my wall colors or carpet. Thankfully, I love the beige walls. Much more homey feeling than the white walls that graced the presence of my first apartment. I also have some basic crown molding that runs around the top of the ceilings that makes me feel like I don't live in a hospital-like unit.

Those french doors are usually open. I'm a big fan of natural light and fresh air. I have a tiny screened in back porch, but the best thing is that I have a unit that is on one of the lakes in the apartment complex.



 As you can see, I have lots of grays & yellows throughout this room. This is the same color scheme that I used in my first apartment living room, and it worked so I stuck to it. As you can see on my bookshelf, I have tons of books, magazines & journals. I'm a hoarder of that stuff...I can't throw any of it away. I try to incorporate them into my decor as best as I can. My obsession for mason jars is also very obvious. You'll notice that they are everywhere in my apartment as this series continues.



I don't have a ton of seating, but I try not to have too many people over at once so it's not really that big of a deal for me. Sometimes when Adam & I have a movie night, we'll drag the mattress from my bed out to the living room and use that since my couch is so small. 

Adam built the 3 pallet shelves that make up the majority of my gallery wall. That little wooden shadow box on my bookshelf is also from him. He gave that to me way back on our 1 year anniversary (2007). I will treasure that thing forever. 

Obviously you see wine corks incorporated into this room. Those also make an appearance throughout the apartment like the mason jars do. My love for wine is no secret, y'all.


That pretty much sums up my little living room. I love cozying up on the couch and catching up on my favorite TV shows (New Girl, How I Met Your Mother & Once Upon A Time usually) or reading a good book. Ever since I've lived on my own, I spend a lot of time out here rather than in my bedroom. It's nice to have such an open feeling in this particular apartment.

Welcome to the place that is my home sweet home!

Photobucket
Share:

30 comments

  1. LOVE IT!! I've been longing to have my own place to decorate exactly the way I want it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that space - adorable! And the color scheme is perfect!!! And that gallery wall?? It turned out gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I am a big fan of the yellow & gray color scheme ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and am thinking about doing something similar to your gallery wall...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love your color scheme. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, your apartment looks amazingly cute! Love the gray and yellow :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big fan of grey and yellow and want to make that my office color scheme if I ever get around to doing it lol
    You are so clutter free too!
    I do miss the screened in balcony from our last place, but having more space inside doesn't hurt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! LOVE the gray and yellow. Those were my wedding colors :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Absolutely love the color scheme! I want that chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Especially the grey & yellow and your gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your style. Your living room is so Pinterest worthy! :)
    I still need to get around to doing an apartment tour of my place.. hmmm..


    <3
    carelessly graceful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute!! I love everything about it, especially the bookshelf and gallery wall. My mom got me that ampersand in your bookshelf for my birthday last year, and we used to drag our mattress to the front room to watch movies too! I've got to save up for a sectional one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS! I love all the yellow & grays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The yellow is wonderful and makes your living room so cheery! I am obsessed with that chair next to your couch - I've been looking for something like that for my house but can't quite seem to find the pattern I want. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Small Dog the Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a beautiful space you have! I really like the color of the walls - mine are white and a little too plain for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your color scheme!!! Totally fits YOU and your personality... and I can see it totally being versatile so Adam doesn't feel too girlie when he comes over!! My fave feature are the french doors!! I DREAM of having those in my future home, leading out to our patio with tons of plants and serenity ;)

    I also love how Mr. Adam put his five cents (and some!) into his building pieces he did for you.... sweeeeetest thang evahhh!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm obsessed with your living room! I want to use this color scheme on my next apartment, but my boyfriend will be sharing it and he hates the idea of yellow for some reason! Maybe I'll show him yours and see if it changes his mind!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the yellow and grey color scheme! I have been thinking about doing a yellow accent too! Your apartment is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love love love this color scheme and really love your gallery wall! I am such a sucker for a great gallery wall and those shelves are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love love love this color scheme and really love your gallery wall! I am such a sucker for a great gallery wall and those shelves are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love everything about this room! YOu are so talented!

    Hope you're having a wonderful day!
    -Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the yellow/gray combination! Everything looks great, especially the gallery wall. I completely understand why it's your favorite. And we share a love for wine & mason jars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your living room is so cute, and so you! I love the grey and yellow. I also love that you choose to incorporate all the books and wine corks into your decor...it's those little things that add some real personality to an apartment! What a cozy space, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Jessica this is such a cute space! I know the troubles with apartment living but you've really owned it.

    http://polkadotsmile.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm loving your living room!! Especially all the yellow! Can't wait for the rest of your tour =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Move to Texas and bring that builder boy of yours!!!
    I NEED THOSE SHELVES... but I think that you already knew that!

    Cant wait to see the rest of the apartmenttttt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Holy moly this room is soo soo cute!! And I love all the yellow scattered throughout. It's definitely open and airy feeling, and seems like such a nice, refreshing place to hang out and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm seriously IN LOVE with this color scheme!!! It's so gorgeous. Hubs doesn't like things to be too girly so I don't think he'd go for it but it's SO pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your encouraging words :)
Seriously...every comment makes my day a little brighter!
SO THANK YOU for being wonderful!

If you have a question or need a response, please don't hesitate to email me at
jessica@lovelylittlethingsblog.com

© Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig