2.25.2013

Blog Vomit: Volume II

I'm working on putting together lots of fun posts, but none of them are 100% ready to post just yet. So today y'all are getting a little something I like to call "Blog Vomit." You can read volume I here.

- I finished putting together my desk area. I love it y'all! It's super cute AND super functional. Win. This also means that I can get going with my Apartment Tour Series. Yay! Here's a little preview of my new work space.


- I've been hooked on the TV show Once Upon A Time lately. I'm not a huge TV buff, but this show has captured my attention. I have to peel myself off of the couch or I could sit and catch up on every episode I'm behind on all at once. Like yesterday, I had to force myself to stop watching to go get a pedicure. It's a hard life I lead, I know...

- Speaking of pedicures, is it just me or does getting a pedi make you feel like a whole new woman? That and getting your eyebrows done. Good toenails & eyebrows just make all the difference. It's like magic. Glorious, womanly magic.

- I learned how to mirror pictures using the PicFrame app. I've been entertaining myself a lot with it lately. See below for evidence. That's me pretending to be Katniss with my brother's new bow...yeah, I need out get out more.


- Speaking of Katniss, I just bought The Hunger Games DVD. I need to watch it. And Breaking Dawn Part 2 comes out on DVD in a few days. Is it pathetic that this kind of makes me a little depressed? I'm in denial that Twilight is over. I've been reading the series since I was 16, so I'm semi-attached. Don't judge me. 

- I'm also into Lauren Oliver's Delirium Series. The third (and final) book, Requiem, comes out March 5th. I can't wait! I need to reread the first two before I read it though.

- The weather has been gorgeous this past week in the Sunshine State! I'm trying to soak it all in before it gets unbearably hot this summer. I spent Friday laying by my parent's pool, drinking cheap wine & letting Buck run around their backyard. A day off well spent! Side note: I have an absurd amount of pictures of Buck on my phone already. #crazydoglady 


- Resume building is my worst enemy. I thought it would be easy to tweak my resume, but the more I look at it, the more I feel like I need to start from scratch. Good thing my blog BFF agreed to proofread it for me. Seriously, if you don't have a blog bestie, you really need to get on that. 

- I'm guest posting over at Happy Go Lucky today! I'm sharing my favorite finds for $10 or less. Y'all need to go check it out...these products are unbelievable. 

- Friday night was spent hanging out on the lawn, drinking beer, and watching Zac Brown Band with Adam. It was such a blast. It just got us that much more excited about the Mega Ticket concerts this summer...8 concerts in a span of 5 months. Can you say best summer ever?


- And I leave you with this, because it's Monday and we all need a laugh, right? Right.



Photobucket
Share:

13 comments

  1. I love Once Upon a Time! Hands down one of my favorite shows.

    Lauren Oliver's trilogy is fantastic! I didn't realize the third book came out so soon. I'll have to reread the first two before I read Requiem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Once Upon a Time! Buck is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, the kettle bell comment! Definitely sounds like something I would do.

    And Once Upon a Time is a favorite of mine, too. The acting's pretty campy but I just can't stop watching it. You'd probably like Grimm too. That shows on NBC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so hilarious and awesome :P I'm totally jealous of your weather! It's decently warm here today, 60... but I wish I could be getting my early tan on! Maybe one weekend I'll drive even more south and get that kick started :)

    <3
    carelessly graceful

    ReplyDelete
  5. this... ALL OF THIS is why I love you.
    I am making comments on your resume as we speak, itll probs get sent back to you tonight.

    I like how you went from crazy cat lady to crazy dog lady.

    Also... that last one... im too embarrassed to admit but I kinda do that a lot. BAH.

    Also I hate you for your sunshine time. BOOOO.

    LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAOOOO at that text!!! You guys are SOOO meant to be!! HAHAHA

    Love the work space you put together... the wine corks in the vase are PERFECT!!!

    And speaking of pedicures... I need one badly... and a manicure!!! THanks for reminding me ;)

    Get it goooorl with your bow in the picture AND your graddad's shotgun on Instagram!! A force to be reckoned with!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last pic of you guys is too cute! Love the feathers above your office area...and I think I need to watch Hunger Games again :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes to the eyebrows and pedis! Always feel like a different woman.

    And not gonna lie, the text message made me bust out laughing! I feel like my fiance would say the EXACT same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. new follower - love your blog. and i love once upon a time too! so good. and your text up there is classic haha. love it!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked what I've seen of Once Upon a Time but I feel like I'm watching so many other tv shows that I don't want to add another!

    You're adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was totally nodding my head when I read that getting a pedicure & your eyebrows done makes you feel like a new woman. Story of my life!! I feel so lost when I don't have my eyebrows done :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your encouraging words :)
Seriously...every comment makes my day a little brighter!
SO THANK YOU for being wonderful!

If you have a question or need a response, please don't hesitate to email me at
jessica@lovelylittlethingsblog.com

© Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig