1.16.2012

Smell the Roses Weekly Task

Well it's Monday again, which means it's time for a little Smell the Roses action :)

Last week the task was to hand write a letter and send it to someone you love via snail mail. I sent a letter to one of my grandmas, because consequently she sent me a letter last week, too! I have to admit, it was nice to actually sit down for 20 minutes and write a letter by hand. Hearing the scratch of the pen was a change of pace from hearing the click of the keys, for sure. 

Did you write a letter to someone last week?
If you did I'd love to hear about it - link up with this post so everyone can hear about it :)

This week's Smell the Roses task is...

Buy a stranger a cup of coffee (or lunch) without them knowing it was you.

I'm planning to go through the Starbucks drive-thru and pay for the tab of the car behind me, as well was my own. Just a little something to catch them off guard and brighten their day :)

Are you up for it? If you are, grab a button and link up :)




When I post next week's task, you can link up for buying a stranger a cup of coffee (or lunch). So this week's link up (on this post) is about the letter that you wrote last week :)
Hope that makes sense!

Please link to a specific post that relates to your completion of the Smell the Roses task . The whole post doesn't necessarily have to be dedicated to the task, it just needs to be mentioned :)




 Link up about your handwritten letter here ^
& add the button to your blog or to your Smell the Roses post! 
Share:

10 comments

  1. What a great goal! I'm trying to only get Starbucks once or twice a month, and I've already used my allotment once, so we'll see. Good luck with the goal this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet link up! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these! We wrote a letter and bought the person's meal behind us at MickyD's. Way to spread the love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such an awesome idea!! i will definitely try this sometime. doing things like this show others there are actually some generous, kind people left in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to try this! Just found your blog and it's great by the way!

    Loves!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of this link up! It's very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay two things, one i am going to try and get up early enough for class one day this week in order to go to starbucks and buy someone's coffee.

    and two, i'm still totally clueless on this whole blogging thing. is there any way you could help me with a new layout for my blog? the blogger ones are so drab!

    thanks so much, xox
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excited about this weeks task!

    xo,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your weekly tasks! PLEASE keep this up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica,
    Loved linking up with you on this! What a fab idea to give back to others... its the simple things in life that make it so beautiful!

    with love,
    meg

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your encouraging words :)
Seriously...every comment makes my day a little brighter!
SO THANK YOU for being wonderful!

If you have a question or need a response, please don't hesitate to email me at
jessica@lovelylittlethingsblog.com

© Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig